Group Fitness Policies
All participants must register for biometric scanning at the Campus Recreation Office to access group fitness classes.
Fees & Policies
- All Group Fitness passes are non-refundable
- Please note that in order to accommodate our participants’ needs the price of a semester group fitness pass will be reduced by $20 twice a semester (Fall 2016, 10/10 & 11/14, Spring 2017, 2/27 & 4/17). You will see the reduction in price when you register online.
- All group fitness participants must be a Campus Recreation Facility Member. Affiliates looking to become a member must contact the Assistant Director of Memberships to register (802) 656-3070
Students Faculty/Staff/Members Family* Fall $65 $90 $120 Spring $65 $90 $120 Academic Year $130 $180 $240 Summer I $40 $50 $75 Summer II $40 $50 $75 Summer I & II $65 $90 $120 Single Class $10 *non matriculated spouse or adult child
Class Size and Cancellation
Class size is limited by equipment and space (i.e. Cycling is open to 28 participants, U-Barre 28, TRX is open to 12 participants, Les Mills Body Pump 39, Zumba is limited at 100 participants). Please arrive early to ensure your spot in class as all classes are first come first serve.
Classes and instructors are subject to change. We reserve a right to cancel any class due to consistent low attendance. It is our goal to email you if a class is cancelled. Instructor or class modifications will be adjusted through the live schedule. Please continue to check website for the latest updates, schedules, and information regarding Group Fitness Classes.
Try a Class
- To enter all group exercise classes, participants must be registered for biometrics.
- Patrons who wish to participate but have not purchased a semester group fitness pass may register for a single class pass online or be billed for a single class pass for $10 upon entry.
- Want to bring a friend of family member? UVM affiliates may be billed for a guest pass for $10 at the studio upon entry if bringing a guest.
- The minimum required age to participate in all fitness classes is18 years old is for any patrons not enrolled UVM student.
- Please bring a water bottle and personal towel. No food and/or drinks (except water) are permitted in the studios.
First Come, First Serve
- Arrive early to assure your spot in class, as all drop-in classes are first come first serve. If you are staying for more than one class you must exit and reenter the class. The Fitness Assistant will not begin to allow patrons to enter the class until the studio is clear.
- We encourage participants to avoid attending a class if they are more than 15 minutes late. Tardiness can be disruptive to the class and unsafe for participation in our classes. To ensure entry into a class, please arrive on time.
- Closed toe athletic shoes must be worn while participating in Group Fitness classes. Participants without proper footwear will be asked to leave. Shoes may be removed for yoga, Pilates, U-Barre, Tai Chi and dance only.
- Participants are asked to silence their phones during group fitness classes. Ringing phones are disruptive to instructors and other participants.
Alcohol and Other Drug Policy
- If a participant is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs while either actively participating in group fitness the Fitness Supervisor will address these individuals and request for them to leave the class. The participant's pass will be suspended. The participant will be required to have a meeting with the Assistant Director prior to reentry to group fitness classes.
- We have three locations for Group Fitness Classes.
- The Dance Studio is located across from the indoor tennis court.
- Gutterson MP Room is next to the Bostwick Room (follow signs from the Gucciardi Recreation and Fitness Center and go upstairs to second level of the hockey rink).
- Room 217 can be accessed from the main lobby of Patrick Gym and is located upstairs.
IMPLIED CONSENT FOR FITNESS PROGRAMS
When individuals enter into an activity or program with The University of Vermont, Campus Recreation programs they are implying consent to the following polices:
The participant fully understands the risks and hazards of personal injury, including death or loss of property that may arise through participation in any Campus Recreation activity including risks or hazards that arise from transportation to and from events, and said person assumes all risks associated with their participation.
The participant agrees to release and hold harmless the University of Vermont and its employees from all liability in the event of injuries or aggravated physical conditions sustained during, or as a result of their participation. It is recommended that all participants consult a medical doctor prior to participation.
The participant agrees to permit The University of Vermont – Campus Recreation to release video and pictures regarding participation in Campus Recreation. Participants that require restrictions to the filming and photo policy should seek accommodations from the instructor prior to the start of class to ensure their needs are met. We will do our best to post signage and to make announcements prior to the start of class.
For more information on the Group Fitness Programs call Fitness Programs (802) 656-7713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If accommodations are needed for participation, please contact Fitness Program Staff at (802) 656-8058.
Last modified September 15 2016 09:28 AM