Group Fitness Policies
- All Group Fitness passes are non-refundable.
Try a Class
- To enter all group exercise classes, participants must show their valid UVM IDs or be registered for biometrics.
- Patrons who wish to participate but have not purchased a semester group fitness pass may be billed for a single class pass for $10 upon entry.
- Want to bring a friend of family member? UVM affiliates may be billed for a guest pass for $10 at the studio upon entry if bringing a guest.
- The minimum required age to participate in all fitness classes is18 years old is for any patrons not enrolled UVM student.
- Please bring a water bottle and personal towel. No food and/or drinks (except water) are permitted in the studios.
All Classes are First Come First Serve
- Class size is limited in our cycle, TRX and BarSculpt classes. Arrive early to assure your spot in class, as all drop-in classes are first come first serve. If you are staying for more than one class you must exit and reenter the class. The Fitness Assistant will not begin to allow patrons to enter the class until the studio is clear.
- Participants will not be admitted into any group fitness classes 15 minutes after the start of the class. To ensure entry into a class, please arrive on time.
- Closed toe athletic shoes must be worn while participating in Group Fitness classes. Participants without proper footwear will be asked to leave. Shoes may be removed for yoga, pilates, tai chi and belly dance only.
- Participants are asked to silence their phones during group fitness classes. Ringing phones are disruptive to instructors and other participants.
Alcohol and Other Drug Policy
- If a participant is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs while either actively participating in group fitness the Fitness Supervisor will address these individuals and request for them to leave the class. The participant's pass will be suspended. The participant will be required to have a meeting with the Assistant Director prior to reentry to group fitness classes.
- We have three locations for Group Fitness Classes.
- The Dance Studio is located across from the indoor tennis court.
- Gutterson MP Room is next to the Bostwick Room (follow signs from the Gucciardi Recreation and Fitness Center and go upstairs to second level of the hockey rink).
- Room 217 can be accessed from the main lobby of Patrick Gym and is located upstairs.
Last modified August 17 2013 06:47 PM