The pool is 25 yards long and has six lap lanes. The depth of the water ranges from 4 feet to just over 12 feet. There is a 1-meter diving board available for use. During recreational hours, the pool is open to both lap swimming and recreational swimming.
The UVM Natatorium is normally available for open recreation lap/free swimming three times a week (M-F). Early morning, Lunch Time, Evening however, the schedule changes and it is recommended to check the detailed facility schedule which is always up to date at: This
Week's Facility Schedule
See, Reserve a Facility.
The pool located in Patrick Gymnasium.
The following are a list of rules for the UVM Pool. They must be enforced quickly and consistently. Failure to comply with below rules and regulations will result in loss of pool privileges.
- Every person that enters the pool must produce a valid UVM-ID.
- Proper swimming attire is required. Cut off shorts, jeans, boxers, etc. are not permitted in the pool.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool area.
- Proper footwear is required. No gym shoes, boots, etc. are permitted on the deck. Flip-flops, sandals, aqua socks are permitted.
- No food, gum, or beverages allowed in the pool area.
- There is no running on the pool deck.
- No horseplay.
- Only approved flotation devices are allowed. Kickboards, pull buoys, and flippers must be used properly and at the lifeguards discretion.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Gym bags, clothes, etc. are not permitted on the deck. Patrons need to store all belongings in a locker.
- Persons with skin diseases, infections, or open sores are prohibited from using the pool.
The 1M diving board will be open for open recreation by requesting permission from the lifeguard. Provided the pool is not too crowded the diving board will be opened.
- No one is to use the diving boards, without permission from the lifeguard.
- Only one person on the board at a time (this includes the ladder).
- Dive straight from the end of the boards. No back/front flips, cartwheels, sitting dives, handstands, etc.)
- Only one bounce per dive.
- After a dive, swim out of the area to the closet side of the pool.
- Do not swim under the boards
- No hanging off the boards.
Last modified October 31 2013 04:26 PM