Gucciardi - Campus Recreation Fitness Center
The Gucciardi Fitness Center at UVM provides 57 pieces of cardio equipment including: 6 Cybex Treadmills, 4 Woodway Treadmills, 2 TRUE Treadmills, 11 Precor Elliptical Trainers, 4 Cybex upright bikes, 2 Cybex recumbent bikes, 2 StairMasters, 3 Stair Steppers, 8 Cybex ARC Trainers, 2 Precor AMT's, 2 Octane Lateral X's, 2 E-Spinner Bikes, 2 Keiser Spin Bikes, 1 SciFit Upper Body, 1 Versa Climber, 1 Concept II Ski Erg and 4 Concept II Rowers made right here in Northern Vermont. There are over 30 stations of selectorized weight machines from leading names such as Cybex, BodyMasters and Nautilus as well as Plate Loaded and Free Weight Equipment including 2 lifting platforms. A cardio room boasts 3 42" wall mounted TV's with broadcast vision audio capabilities.
|Monday - Thursday||6am - Midnight|
|Friday||6am - 10pm|
|Saturday||8:30am - 8pm|
|Sunday||8:30am - Midnight|
The fitness center is located in the Gucciardi Fitness and Recreation Center.
- Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted in the fitness center (excluding UVM students).
- If you intend to perform more than one set of repetitions on a piece of equipment, please allow others to work in between your sets. Please be courteous of other patrons by not lingering too long on any one piece of equipment.
- Do not remove equipment from fitness center (weights and accessories are already available in upper track).
- Personal belongings may not be on the floor in the fitness center. They must be put in cubbies provided or be stored in the locker room.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- To ensure a comfortable atmosphere for everyone, please be courteous and respectful of others.
- The fitness center is always staffed during operational hours.
- The fitness center staff is not trained to give advice on exercises, technique, or form; however, if you have questions regarding how a machine works, the facility, or our programs, they will be happy to assist.
- Should you want more specific information regarding exercises, technique, or form, please email email@example.com to schedule a FREE equipment or program orientation!
- Shirts must be worn at all times while in the fitness center.
- Shoes are required at all times. Clean, dry, athletic shoes only. No open toed or open heeled shoes permitted.
- Clothing with rivets (blue jeans) or unyielding material that may damage the equipment is not permitted.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Beverages are only permitted in a sealable, non-glass container.
- No food is allowed in the fitness center at any time.
- Do not drop weights (excluding bumper plates on Olympic platforms).
- Please re-rack all weights, bars, and accessories following use.
- Chalk is only permitted on Olympic platforms.
- Barbell collars are required for all barbell lifts.
CARDIO RESERVATION POLICY
- To better accommodate all fitness center users, you are only permitted to sign up for 30-minutes maximum on one piece of cardio equipment at a time.
- Patrons utilizing the reservation board will have first right to cardio machines. If a dispute exists, please see fitness center staff for resolution.
- Please wipe down equipment after use.
- Please do not spray solution directly on machines. Please spray solution on the green towels and thoroughly wipe equipment clean.
- Please utilize yellow towels for sweat.
Last modified September 29 2016 11:10 AM