University of Vermont


Shipping Radioactive Material

All radioactive materials that are transferred from the University of Vermont must be packaged and shipped by the RSO. If you need to have radioactive material sent to another person at another institution the following needs to happen.

  • A copy of the receivers site NRC/Agreement licence on file in the RSO
  • Proper shipping address of the receiver
  • Budget number to charge shipper for Federal Exprss shipping charges
  • Dry Ice (if need to send frozen)
  • Isotope, chemical, and activity being sent

The RSO will provide the outside shipping container and will take care of filling out the shipping paperwork. Packages are send via Federal Express, standard overnight delievery. Not including weekend.

Last modified February 25 2005 03:32 PM

Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131