University of Vermont

Becoming Authorized

How To Become Authorized

Authorized Investigator

Faculty who need to procure radiation sources for research and/or teaching purposes must be formally approved by the Radiation Safety Committee (RSC). Approval will be granted if the applicant has had previous on-the-job experience handling radionuclides or radiation producing devices of a similar nature and quantity. Applicants who are deficient in experience must work under an authorized investigator's approval for at least 6 months.

Application forms are available at the RSO in room 004 of the Rowell Building. Or you may download them from our website by clicking here.

Authorized To Handle Radiation

All persons who handle radiation for research or teaching purposes must meet the requirements set by the RSC. The requirements also apply to temporary employees such as work-study students and visiting scientists.

Authorization for radiation use:

Application forms are available in the RSO - 004 Rowell Building

Last modified February 25 2005 08:50 AM

Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131