PeopleSoft 9.1 Upgrade Project Scope
- Apply PeopleSoft 9.1 upgrade to PeopleSoft Financials
existing modifications and determine if we still need them. Document
all modifications and provide clean and up-to-date inventory of mods.
out minor new functionality if it is embedded w/current functionality
or can be rolled out with not a lot of work effort – including to
training team, etc.
Project DeliverablesIn addition to the overall planning and strategy documents listed in the Project Charter:
- A plan for an initial readiness assessment and fit-gap process for FSCM
- A detailed project plan for FSCM, and integration to HCM 8.9
- A Test Plan, and Test Inventory
- A go-live weekend checklist spreadsheet to include
- Security Steps
- DBA Steps
- Developer steps
- Functional Steps
Project Acceptance CriteriaWe
will know that we have been successful if PeopleSoft Financials is
upgraded to PeopleSoft version 9.1 and those who use the software are
able to conduct their work without interruption or slowdown. All
critical business functions will still be possible. The number of calls
for support and footprints should not increase over our current volume,
or at least not after an initial period of adjustment time of two
Project Exclusions/Out of Scope
- New modules, e.g real estate management
- Changes to the Chart of Accounts
- Radical changes to the security model. That could be a separate project.
a PeopleTools upgrade as well as an Oracle Database upgrade, database
operating system upgrade and database hardware upgrade during the same
timeframe and for the same go-live date as the 9.1 upgrades introduces
more risk to the project. This will impact the availability of
resources, and the number of factors that could contribute to issues.
will be a go-live of the Database hardware, operating system and
version that will need to go live in the fall to EPM, FSCM and HCM and
this will require some level of user testing , and it will also require
a weekend of downtime, which has not yet been scheduled as of 4/19/2011.
- Limited resources on the HR side to test interfaces and integrations could impact testing.
timing of the availability of the FSUPG environment for developers to
start working, and then for testing to begin will impact the go-live
- The Tools upgrade will mean that all testing conducted
before the Tools upgrade and Feature pack are applied are not valid
- Functional office staff will be available to read documentation, create testing inventories, and complete testing.
9.1 works with HCM 8.9, and if we apply the Tools upgrade, FSCM9.1 on
the upgraded tools works with HCM 8.9 on the older tools.