Vice President for Human Resources, Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
Faculty Development Opportunities
Blackboard Jungle 3 Symposium
March 25-27, 2010
Dudley H. Davis Center
Multicultural Learning Across the Disciplines:
A Mosaic of Perspectives
Click here to view the program.
The 21st Century Classroom is a complex, diverse and multifaceted space for teaching and learning. This Symposium, designed for higher education and K-12 educators and administrators addresses some of the challenges and emerging approaches used to navigate integration, equality, social justice and cultural competence in the classroom.
Workshops and Panels
• The Making of a Multiculturalist
• Building Cultural Competencies
• Immigration, Religion, and Race: Global Issues in our Vermont Classrooms
• What Keeps Teachers Motivated?
• Multicultural Assessment
• Health Care Disparities and What a Professional Should Know
• Black Teaching White
• Scared “Straight” in the Classroom
• Does Social Justice Belong in the Classroom?
• Faculty Say the Darndest Things
Join us at the 3rd Annual Blackboard Jungle Symposium!
This is your time to hear what is happening in multicultural education in Vermont and beyond. Mark your calendars for March 25-27, 2010 to explore curriculum, pedagogy and research from a variety of perspectives.
Last modified December 11 2011 06:03 AM