The University of Vermont sends out more bulk mail than any other form of U.S. mail. Each year UVM mails in excess of three million brochures, postcards, catalogs and newsletters. Though the basic premise of bulk mailing is easily understood, the step-by-step process can be complex and confusing. This page of our web site is dedicated to helping our customers to understand that step-by-step process and make the most of their postage dollar.
This pages offers information that will walk you through the bulk mail maze and give "How To" facts to guide your bulk mail project. Some of the key features of this page include:
2) The mailing pieces must be printed or duplicated material.
3) The pieces must be of identical size weight and content.
4) Always use a UVM return address and include "The University of Vermont" in the body of the address.
5) Use a pre-printed mailing indicia.
6) Mailing list data files must be in a ASCII comma delimited or Dbase compatible format.
7) Label lists and mailings that are pre-labeled must be in ascending zip code order.
8) Schedule your project at least two weeks in advance.
9) Submit a Bulk Mailing Request Form with the job.
10) Depending on the size of your job, turnaround is 24 to 72 hours.
Come see us. Make an appointment and see what we can do for you. It's easier than you think to start saving through automation.
USPS Rate Calculator
Internal GuidelinesThe majority of the bulk mailings produced by UVM departments falls into the Standard A Non-profit category. USPS regulations governing the use of non-profit mail are very complex and restrictive. We recommend all mailers using non-profit rates have their mailing piece by the Mail Center for compliance with the content based restrictions of non-profit mail.