The University of Vermont sends out more bulk mail than any other form of U.S. mail. Each year UVM mails in excess of three million brochures, postcards, catalogs and newsletters. Though the basic premise of bulk mailing is easily understood, the step-by-step process can be complex and confusing. This page of our web site is dedicated to helping our customers to understand that step-by-step process and make the most of their postage dollar.
This pages offers information that will walk you through the bulk mail maze and give "How To" facts to guide your bulk mail project. Some of the key features of this page include:
- What is Bulk Mail?
- The Basics
- What do we do?
- Last Thing First
- Mail Piece Design
- The How To's
- Automation Pays
- Mailing Request Form
Bulk mailings are effective means to reach a large audience at an affordable rate. The postage costs are discounted because the sender (UVM Print & Mail Center and you) absorbs the labor involved with prepareing the mail for entry with the USPS.
1) A minimum of 200 pieces or 15 lbs. is required.
2) The mailing pieces must be printed or duplicated material.
3) The pieces must be of identical size weight and content.
4) Always use a UVM return address and include "The University of Vermont" in the body of the address.
5) Use a pre-printed mailing indicia.
6) Mailing list data files must be in a ASCII comma delimited or Dbase compatible format.
7) Label lists and mailings that are pre-labeled must be in ascending zip code order.
8) Schedule your project at least two weeks in advance.
9) Submit a Bulk Mailing Request Form with the job.
10) Depending on the size of your job, turnaround is 24 to 72 hours.
Last modified February 26 2014 11:57 AM