Pi Gamma Mu
Pi Gamma Mu's constitution defines the social sciences to include the disciplines of history, political science, sociology, anthropology, economics, international relations, criminal justice, social work, psychology, social philosophy, history of education, and human geography.
Potential members must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduates: 3.2 or higher cum G.P.A. and enrolled in a degree granting program.
- Masters and Doctoral Students: 3.5 or higher cum G.P.A. and enrolled in a degree granting program.
- Staff Members: Must hold a Masters degree or higher.
- Faculty members: Teaching in an interdisciplinary field that includes the social sciences.
- Community members who have made exceptional contributions to the UVM and/or local community.
Membership comes only through established chapters.
All nominations for membership are required 3 weeks in advance of the Fall or Spring Semester induction ceremony.
For the Fall 2010, the deadline for nomiations will be October 22, 2010.
Persons interested in participating in Pi Gamma Mu should contact Dr. Yolanda Flores for additional information through email at Yolanda.Flores@uvm.edu
Last modified September 15 2010 07:25 AM