Slide sets are often spread over several episodes so below you will find separate, interconnected episode and slide lists (score: bipartite affiliation graph).
The slides are clickable pdf's, with links to relevant articles and web pages, section links in the sidebar, and navigation icons at the bottom of each slide. The reference section for each set of slides includes links to papers; superscript citation numbers link to the reference section as well (please let me know if any links or penguins behave badly).
Due to remorseless tinkering, the slides may change a little from what was recorded. Some video details:
- Screen capture and video creation is made possible by ScreenFlow.
- Implements include several iPod touches, the first generation Swivl thing, Garmin VIRB, Contour Roam2 (the company has disappeared), Sennheiser wireless kit, and a Countryman microphone.
- Episodes will be viewable in 720HD and sometimes 1080HD (this likely needs to be selected manually after hitting play, via the little cog thing).
- For ease of retweeting, tweets announcing each episodes's coming into existence are embedded.
- No comfy chairs will be used.
To generate these lectures, I use the excellent beamer LaTeX class, XeLaTeX (new this season), PerlTeX, and a selection of handcrafted, possibly dangerous Perl scripts. Because It Is Right, I follow the one true path of Emacs with an almost fanatical devotion.Each set of slides comes in three delicious flavors:
- The lecture pdf's include all the incremental reveals used in class.
- The slides pdf's have flattened frames and are better for reading separately online. Use these if you follow the (terrifyingly long) videos and want to click on things.
- If you want a printed copy, possibly because trees upset you, the handout pdf's provide condensed and collapsed versions of the slides. These aren't very hyperlinky however (such is paper).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.