Topics to be covered (more or less):
- Structure and form of complex networks including
physical branching networks (river networks and
cardiovascular networks), neural networks, social
networks, the Internet, the world wide web,
transportation networks, and organizations.
- distribution versus redistribution networks.
- properties of networks including degree
distributions, clustering, motifs, various measures of
betweenness, modularity, the role of randomness, network
dynamics, and multiscale structures.
- community detection algorithms.
- bipartite networks.
- partly random networks as models of real world
- generating function techniques.
- universal models including scale-free networks,
p-star networks, and generative models.
- small-world networks.
- impedance and flow in networks.
- connections between delivery networks and energy
usage in organisms.
- search in networks as facilitated by network
structure and search methods.
- folksonomy and tagging.
- generalized notions of contagion in networks.
- network epidemiology and fad spreading.