Wave (most likely wind driven but
often cited as a Tsunami wave) depicted by Japanese artist Katsushika
Web pages to read:
- Papua New
Visualizations (very, very cool)
Evidence for Tsunami in 1700
- Questions to think about for the quiz and
final (answers will be in lecture, readings, and web pages):
- What causes tsunamis?
- Where in the world are tsunamis most likely to strike?
- What settings/areas exacerbate tsunami hazards?
- What are the specific dangers to both life and property that
- Can tsunamis be predicted? If so, how? If not, why not?
- How can the effects of tsunamis be mitigated (how do we reduce
the money spent on relief from tsunami damage)?
- What is the difference between a tsunami wave and a "normal"