The Vermont Grass Farmers AssociationThe Vermont Grass Farmers' Association (VGFA) was founded in 1996 with support from the UVM Center for Sustainable Agriculture and USDA-NRCS. The VGFA helps farmers generate wealth from grass-based farming, provides leadership on grazing issues, and vision for the Center's Pasture Program.
Benefits of VGFA membership include
Yearly memberships cost $40 and end December 31.
Join or renew online:
2015-2016 Board of Directors:
- President Gabe Zoerheide, Winter Moon Farm, Corinth
- Treasurer Eric Noel, Health Hero Island Farm, South Hero
- Secretary Ellen Fox, Shelburne Farms, Shelburne
- Ben Brown, Burlington
- Henry Cammack, Shelburne Farms, Shelburne
- Ryan Hayes, Farm of Milk & Honey, Worcester
- Niko Horster, Shire Beef, Vershire
- Dave Martin, Settlement Farm, Underhill
Each year, the VGFA elects a Board of Directors which manage the budget, oversee member activities and outreach, help organize the annual grazing and livestock conference, and represent grass-based livestock farmers at the state and regional level as Vermont's Grazing Lands Partnership steering committee.
If you are
interested in joining the board, please complete this application.
We welcome applications throughout the year.
Additional Board service benefits include
- Mileage stipends for meeting attendance
- Tabling and advertisement benefits at the VT Grazing & Livestock Conference
support to attend regional Pasture Consortium events and
national grazing conferences to represent VGFA's membership
& Vermont's perspective as well as further your own
farming professional development
Last modified February 04 2016 03:58 PM