The Vermont Grass Farmers AssociationThe Vermont Grass Farmers' Association (VGFA) was founded in 1996 with support from the UVM Center for Sustainable Agriculture and USDA-NRCS. The VGFA helps farmers generate wealth from grass-based farming, provides leadership on grazing issues, and vision for the Center's Pasture Program.
Benefits of VGFA membership include
- Discount at the annual Vermont Grazing & Livestock Conference
- Quarterly Solar Dollar newsletter
- Free listing in the Grass Fed Directory of Products
- Access and discounts to pasture walks and educational events
- Voting rights and a voice in the farmer organization setting priorities for grazing in Vermont.
Yearly memberships cost $40 and end December 31.
Join or renew online:
2013-2014 Board of Directors:
Eric Noel, Health Hero Island Farm, South
- Vice President John Pollard, Red Wing Farm, Shrewsbury
- Treasurer Rebekah Perry, Perry Farm, Brownington
- Alice Allen, Al-Lens Farm, East Ryegate
- Ben Brown, Burlington
- Ellen Fox, Shelburne Farms, Shelburne
- Wallace Greenewalt, Shelburne Farms, Shelburne
- Ryan Hayes, Pickle Brook Farm, Washington
- Dave Martin, Settlement Farm, Underhill
- Ignacio (Nacho) Villa, Von Trapp Farmstead, Waitsfield
- Abbey Willard, VT Agency of Agriculture
- Gabe Zoerheide, Winter Moon Farm, Corinth
the VGFA elects a Board of Directors which manage the budget,
oversee member activities and outreach, help organize the annual
grazing conference, and represent grass-based livestock farmers
at the state and regional level as Vermont's Grazing Lands
Conservation Initiative (GLCI) steering committee.
Additional Board service benefits include
- Mileage stipends for meeting attendance
- Tabling and advertisement benefits at the VT Grazing & Livestock Conference
- Fiscal support to attend regional Pasture Consortium events and national grazing conferences to represent VGFA's membership & Vermont's perspective
Last modified March 17 2014 05:02 PM