VT Grass Farmers Association board members
(new terms starting in late September, 2013)
What we are looking for:
· An understanding of grass-based livestock production (or an interest in learning).
· Passion about sustainable livestock agriculture.
· Willingness to commit to monthly teleconference meetings, organization events (like the VT Grazing & Livestock Conference and/or pasture walks) and subcommittee meetings.
What we offer:
· An important voice in an experienced farmer organization working with statewide partners to grow farm viability, improve soil and water quality, and support farmer quality of life.
· Travel stipend for in-person meetings.
· Advertising space and/or tabling display space at the VT Grazing & Livestock Conference.
· Free attendance at VGFA-sponsored workshops and the annual conference.
· Opportunities to attend grazing professional development events, such as the Northeast Pasture [Research] Consortium and the National Grazing Lands Coalition conference.
· …and last but not least—a VGFA tshirt!
In order to serve on the board, you must be a current member. If you’re not a current member, become one today! Our board members have included dairy, beef, sheep, goat, swine, horse, and poultry producers; ag service providers; lenders; insurance providers; water quality partners and more. While this is still a primarily farmer board, we greatly welcome the opportunity to build partnerships with non-farming allies.
Last modified September 09 2013 10:04 AM