Public, Shared, and Individual Transportation & Parking
There are plenty of opportunities for getting around our beautiful city. Whether you use UVM Shuttles, City Buses, CarShare, or your own vehicle (including bicycles) here is a list of some of the options available to you.
- Burlington's Official Guide to Biking.
- Local Motion - Local Motion is a Bike Advocacy Organization, in the Burlington area, they provide access to Bike Resources, rentals, equipment, and bike path maintenance.
- Safe Streets Collaborative - This group provices low cost safety gear for your biking needs. $6 Safety Gear Coupon
UVM Transportation & Parking ⊕
- Community Resources
- Parking Information
- Transportation Options including off-campus, late-night, and on-campus shuttle schedules and routes.
- Burlington Parking Ban - There are 3 ways to find out about Burlington Parking Bans:
- Chittenden County
Transportation Authority (CCTA)
- CCTA is free for all UVM Students with an ID, just swipe your card when entering the bus. CCTA provides buses all around Chittenden County. The service provides bus service to and from shopping locations, and campus, as well as downtown. Bus Schedules are available online, as well as route maps on most bus stops.
- CCTA also provides Link commuter buses to other cities in the area, check their schedules to find out more.
- CATMA: CATMA is a non-profit which researches alternative modes of transportation around campus, and Burlington. Their Bike/Walk Reward program rewards faculty and staff of member organization for using alternative transportation to get to work.
CarShare VT ⊕
- CarShare VT - Car Share provides access to short term or long term rental cars around campus and town. Their goal is to help reduce pollution, by allowing people a car when they need it, and providing easy access through their two parking spaces on campus.