Working Together for a Socially Just Community
When individuals do not feel safe in their environment their welfare is impacted and the community suffers. Here are some important resources to make change and to support each other.
Academic Resources ⊕
- OSCR is committed to the academic success of off-campus students. To that end we partner with various University offices to help refer students the resources that will help them thrive academically. Here are some important programs to be aware of:
Addiction Resources ⊕
- OSCR is committed to supporting all off-campus students who may be dealing with addiction or are in recovery. To that end we partner with various University offices to help refer students the resources that will help them succeed. Here are some important programs to be aware of:
Gender Resources ⊕
- Ensuring progress towards gender equity and supporting people of all genders is central to OSCR's mission. The following is a list of some of the other organizations focused on these issues.
Mental Health Resources ⊕
- Mental health support is vital for healthy individuals and healthy communities. Burlington is home to some of the most innovative and renowned mental health organizations in the country. Listed below are a list of resources for those seeking mental health services.
Racial Justice Resources ⊕
- OSCR is committed to eradicating racism. We partner with on- and off-campus organizations that are committed to a society which recognizes and celebrates our diverse racial/ethnic histories. These organizations are listed below:
- ALANA Student Center
- US ALANA Ethnic Studies
- ALANA Coalition
- ALANA Affiliated Student Groups
- UVM Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Office
- VT Human Rights Commission
- Students for Peace and Global Justice
- Center for Cultural Pluralism
- Next Step
- Exploring Bias & Discrimination Conference
- Peace and Justice Center
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Speak Up Booklet
LGBTQ Affirming Resources ⊕
- We are committed to creating an affirming and celebratory climate at UVM for LGBTQ students, staff, faculty, and neighbors. To that end we have listed here imporant resources for working towards LGBTQ equity.
Religious & Spiritual Life Resources ⊕
- Here are some important resources for those seeking a place of worship, fellowship, or support.
- UVM Hillel
- Muslim Student Association
- Cooperative Christian Ministry
- Vermont Interfaith Action
- St. Paul's Cathedral Church
- Christ Church
- United Church of Christ
- Unitarian Universalist Society