OSCR Signature Events
Throughout the year OSCR partners with students, neighbors, city and university offices to host fun and informative programs and events. Please see the general list of our events below. Also, if you have an idea for a program or event that could help build community and improve the quality of life in Burlington neighborhoods please join our Student-Neighbor Liaison Program or the Community Coalition and help make those great ideas a reality.
Click on the program titles below to get more information.
Babysitter Mingler ⊕
- Parents and kids in need of babysitters get a chance to meet and mingle with UVM students that want to babysit. Offered once a semester, we have about 200-300 people attend the event and most students do find a job through the event. Check out this photo album of a recent Babysitter Mingler.
If you would like to sign up for an email reminder about upcoming minglers please click here.
Catamount Classes ⊕
- Free and fun non-academic classes offered each month to students, faculty, staff, and community members. Visit our FB page for photos from recent Catamount Classes. These are co-sponsored by UVM's Student Life department.
Community Coalition Meetings ⊕
- A group of students, neighbors, city and university/college staff & administrators, police officers, non-profit partners, and others that meet once a month to identify neighborhood challenges and create opportunities for action. These photos are from a recent end-of-year celebration. Want to join? Get more information here.
Have a Heart Campaign ⊕
- Student volunteers help distribute Lake Champlain chocolate hearts and messages from local kids about the impact of late night noise and disruption on the community. For more information click here.
Meet Your Neighbor Day ⊕
- Local kids are invited up to the Davis Center to meet their UVM student neighbors and to participate in fun activities.
Neigborhood Clean-Ups ⊕
- UVM and neighborhood volunteers help pick up trash on the streets surrounding campus. Fraternity & Sorority Life members always volunteer in huge numbers for these clean-ups - as evidenced by this photo album
Off-Campus Living Workshops ⊕
- Students thinking about moving off campus get helpful information, advice, resources, and a UVM Preferred Renter Card. Find more details here.
Spring Move Out Project ⊕
- UVM, Champlain College, CSWD, the Burlington Code Enforcement Office, CEDO, and ReSource partner to provide information to students about what to do with all the stuff they don't want when they are moving out of town and host an all day free community swap and recycling event. We helped keep about more than 20,000 lbs of material from clogging Burlington's neighborhood greenbelts. Check it out!
Student-Neighbor Liaison Program Potlucks ⊕
- Students and long-term residents come together once a month over a potluck dinner to brainstorm and plan projects and events that help to build community and improve student-neighbor relations. Interested? Click here to learn more.