There are many options open to students who chose not to live in a residence hall, ranging from UVM owned off-campus properties to individual apartments rented by area landlords. Below is a list of useful resources. Click on titles to see more information.
Off-Campus Housing Database ⊕
- Exclusive Off-Campus Housing for UVM Affiliates. Visit offcampushousing.uvm.edu for a free account.
UVM-Owned Housing Options ⊕
- Apartments and Family Housing (must meet eligibility requirements).
UVM-Affiliated Off-Campus Housing Options ⊕
Housing Checklist and Sublease Sample ⊕
- Move-In & Move-Out Inspection Checklist - Currently Unavailable
- Sample Sublease Agreement - Currently Unavailable
Tenant Rights & Advocacy ⊕
- Vermont Tenants - a statewide non-profit. Their offices are located at 255 South Champlain Street, Suite # 9, Burlington, Vermont 05401. They provide free direct services to tenants including advice, advocacy and referrals and also conduct workshops for various groups on residential rental housing laws, codes and more visit Vermont Tenants or call 802 864-0099 for their Voice mail hotline
- Renting in VT booklet
- Roommate Agreement
- Tenant Information Sheets
- Tips For Getting Your Security Deposit Back
- Form Letter for Repair/Maintenance Request
Burlington Code Enforement - If you have questions about a particular property address they can provide information on whether the property has a current Certificate of Compliance and if they have any past or current violations of minimumhousing standards. So please visit visit the Burlington Code Enforcement Office
- Property Standards Checklist
- Minimum Housing Complaint Form
- Renter's Request for Security Deposit Hearing
- Tips for New Neighbors
- Noise - Chapter 21 OFFENSES AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- Trash - Chapter 14 SOLID WASTE
- Parking - Appendix C
- Visit the City of Burlington
Vermont Consumer Assistance Program
- Tenant Rights - Vermont law establishes certain rights and responsibilities for tenants and landlords in Vermont. For more information visit our website.