Financial & Legal Resources
Living on your own means needing to be able to respond to many different scenarios. Unfortunately, some of these may involve financial and legal situation that are difficult to navigate alone. However, there are many free or low-cost options to help you.
Click on the program titles below to get more information.
Budgeting for Your Off-Campus Life ⊕
- Contact Student Financial Services to see how your financial package translates off-campus
- Take the Cash Course to learn about protecting your credit, setting a budget and managing your finances, protecting your identity, dealing with debit and credit cards, and more!
- Student Financial Service's new Student Employment Office just announced a new partnership with $ALT to help students learn to manage their finances affectively.
Legal Aid ⊕
Renter's Insurance ⊕
- Personal property losses due to theft or fire are not covered under
your property owner's insurance. They are your responsibility. Luckily many options are quite affordable.
- If your family has insurance, check with their urrent insurance provider to see if they offer renter's insurance. If you have an insured car, the same company may also offer renter's insurance at a discount.
- National Student Services Inc. - NSSI is a national company that provides Student Personal Property Plans for on and off-campus students
- Renter Rebate Information