Congratulations — You are considering one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences of any academic career.
Study Abroad: Fall and Spring Fair:
The UVM Study Abroad Programs Fair will be held on Wednesday, August 31st from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm in the Davis Center Atrium. Learn about UVM's exchange, travel study and semester programs.
The Spring Study Abroad Fair will be held on Wednesday, January 25th from 11:00 - 3:00 in the Grand Maple Ballroom of the Davis Center. Over 30 program representatives will be available! Apply for or renew your passport.
- Explore Our Programs
- Exchange Programs
- Activate Your iAbroad Account
- Study Abroad Information Sessions
- Access Your iAbroad Account
- Quick Links and Forms
- Study Abroad Guidebook
iAbroad is a tool to research UVM approved study abroad programs based on academic and other interests. It also guides you through the entire study abroad process, including pre-departure.
There are 4 phases of iAbroad that students are required to complete before studying abroad:
- Inquiry Phase: Activate your iAbroad account and begin working in this phase 15-12 months before your planned term abroad. This phase provides all of the information you will need to make an informed decision when selecting your study abroad program. You can work in your iAbroad account while researching your study abroad options but should complete this phase prior to applying to your study abroad program of choice.
- Apply Phase: This phase provides information about applying to your study abroad program. . Note: unless otherwise indicated, this is NOT the study abroad application.
- Conditional Acceptance Phase: Once accepted into your study abroad program, you will need your Course Selection Approval Form reviewed by various UVM offfices and departments.
- Pre-Departure Phase: Upon completion of the Conditional Acceptance phase, you will need to complete this phase PRIOR to the MANDAORY UVM Pre-Departure Orientation which is held mid-November/April for the following term.
ALL STUDENTS WHO INTEND TO STUDY ABROAD WITH UVM APPROVAL MUST COMPLETE THE iABROAD PROCESS.
Studying abroad opens endless opportunities and experiences. It can also be a lot of work deciding where to go, lining up proper paperwork/documentation and ensuring that you receive academic credit for your studies. Let iAbroad help you with the process. Step 1: Get started.
Follow the step-by-step process
Using the menu to the left, follow our step-by-step process to be sure that you don't miss any crucial steps. Your iAbroad account will guide you through all of the steps in the study abroad process, so read carefully!
Study Abroad Application Deadlines
For spring or, calendar year programs:
- UVM bilateral and ISEP exchange and direct application deadline for priority consideration: August 10th
- External program application reviewed and signed by OIE: September 15th
- Final exchange and ISEP direct applications: September 15th
- Complete the inquire stage in your iAbroad account at the same time you submit your complete application for your study abroad program of choice.
- UVM semester program deadlines:
For summer, fall and academic year programs:
- UVM bilateral and ISEP exchange and direct application deadline for priority consideration: January 10th
- External program application reviewed and signed by OIE: February 15th
- Final exchange and ISEP direct applications: February 15th
- Complete the inquire stage in your iAbroad account at the same time you submit your complete application
- UVM semester program deadlines
Note: Students must follow UVM’s application deadline and not dates published by other study abroad program providers. Following UVM’s timeline will allow students enough time to complete the steps in their iAbroad account required to receive UVM’s approval to study abroad.