University of Vermont

Transferring from UVM to another U.S. School

If you are currently an international student attending UVM and have applied and been accepted to another institution within the U.S., OIE will need to transfer your F-1 program in SEVIS. This is a separate procedure from the academic transfer you must complete.

Prior to requesting a transfer from OIE, please contact the International Student Services Office at your new institution and inquire about any paperwork or procedures they require. To ensure a smooth transfer process, please ask your new international office for their SEVIS school code and provide it to your OIE coordinator.

In order to prevent errors, we also ask that you provide proof of admission to your new institution prior to transfer.

Last modified January 19 2011 02:32 PM

Contact UVM © 2017 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131