Living/Learning Center Programs
How to Apply to 2015-2016 Living/Learning Center Programs
Thank you for your interest in Living/Learning Center programs. If you are interested in applying to a Living/Learning Center program, the application has opened and can be found under the "Quick Links" section on the right hand side of this page. The Application Deadline for returning students is Monday, March 9, 2015.
- Application instructions for incoming first-time, first-year, transfer and exchange students
- Application instructions for current/returning UVM students.
Here is a link to general information about Getting On-Campus Housing on the Department of Residential Life's Website:
Here is a link to Room Selection Information for New Students on the Department of Residential Life's Website:
- Admission to L/L programs is by application. The on-line Programmed Housing Application can be found here:
- Please note that you will only be able to access this application if you are eligible to live on campus next year and you have first completed a Housing and Meal Plan Contract with ResLife.
- Students must apply to Living/Learning each academic year, even those who are currently members of the community.
- If you are interested in more than one program, you may apply to as many programs as you like, but please be sure that you rank your preference for each program, as applications are reviewed in order of preference.
How do I apply?
Incoming first-time/first-year, transfer and exchange students should apply to join a Living/Learning Center program using the on-line Programmed Housing Common Application. The Programmed Housing Common Application is available in your myResLife portal.
- In order to complete any programmed housing application(s), you must first submit a housing and meal plan contract, which you will also find in your myResLife portal.
- You should complete a separate Program Application for each program that you wish to apply for. You should rank your preference for each program. We recommend that new students apply to as many programs as they are interested in to increase the likelihood that they will be admitted. All programs do have spaces available for new students, but some programs have limited space.
- Please complete your applications thoughtfully. Respond to each essay question in 100 - 200 words.
What Happens with my Application?
Your application will be considered with all other new student applications. The chance of being admitted to a program varies depending on the number of spaces available for new students and the number of applications received. The directors of each program review applications and make final decisions about admittance. In any case, we encourage you to complete your application thoughtfully.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline for returning UVM students is Monday, March 9. The application for new first-time, first-year or transfer students is June 30. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis, and only after all students who have applied on time have been accommodated.
When will I find out if I'm accepted into a program?
You will be notified by email (sent to your UVM email account) in August about the program to which you have been admitted.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
Please call the Living/Learning Center Director's Office at (802) 656-4200, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
University of Vermont
633 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05405-0385
(802) 656-4200 (Phone)
Our E-mail Address:
Visit our Website:
Last modified March 05 2015 04:12 PM