Approval Process & Form
University departments, programs and officially recognized student groups interested in utilizing University marks on products for the group's sole use or for fund raising purposes consistent with the group's mission can do so. These groups or departments must apply through the Approval Form for Student Groups and Departments. Product manufacturers must pay a 4% royalty on the item. Manufacturers of items bearing University of Vermont's marks must be licensed. Manufacturers are requested to apply for license through normal University Licensing channels.
- Group contacts Licensing Office to request either an officially recognized student group or a University department or program approval form prior to production of item.
- Completed form is returned to Licensing Office along with a copy of the design to be used on the product.
- Licensing Office reviews and approves or denies request.
- If approved, the University group notifies the manufacturer and the order may be placed. The approval form is to be kept in manufacturer's file with the order.
- If not approved, University organization and manufacturer notified of decision.
Send completed forms to:
224 Patrick Gym
For further information, contact:
Associate Athletic Director
Last modified August 19 2015 09:21 AM