Off Campus Events
Burlington's LGBTQA community has frequent opportunities for you to get involved in building community, finding support, or just meeting other people outside UVM. For more complete information on what's goig on in Burlington, look at the events calendars from the Pride Center of Vermont and Outright Vermont.
Out in Burlington
If you're wondering what resources Burlington has to offer its LGBTQ citizens, check out our page on Vermont LGBTQ resources & organizations.
- VT Pride: Vermont holds an annual Pride in Burlington every September.
- First Fridays at Higher Ground: First Fridays are held at Higher Ground and are a monthly, queer friendly social in which the community can get together for a night of good music, good people, great conversation and dancing. Doors open at 7:30pm and everyone is welcome. The evening will usually begin with a musical show at 8pm. The DJs for evening will start after the show and go until closing. " Visit the Higher Ground site.
- Winter is a Drag Ball: The House of LeMay organizes and hosts the annual Winter is a Drag Ball. The ticket sales benefits the Vermont People with AIDS Coalition. Since 1996 we've gathered every February to celebrate... whatever we want to celebrate! Some of the past themes have included 'Carnival', 'Be my Rocky Horror Valentine', and 'The Queen of Hearts Drag Ball'.
- Pride Center Support Groups: The Pride Center of Vermont offers support groups for all LGBTQ identities in the Burlington community.
- Outright VT Youth Programs: Outright VT is Vermont's LGBTQ youth organization. They hold a variety of events and groups open to Vermont youth.
- Fire Truck Pull: Outright VT organizes an annual Fire Truck Pull as a fundraiser to support their mission of serving LGBTQ Vermont youth.
Last modified October 17 2014 04:08 PM