Off Campus Events
Burlington's LGBTQA community has frequent opportunities for you to get involved in building community, finding support, or just meeting other people outside UVM. For more complete information on what's goig on in Burlington, look at the events calendars from RU12 Community Center and Outright Vermont.
Out in Burlington
If you're wondering what resources Burlington has to offer its LGBTQ citizens, check out our page on Vermont LGBTQ resources & organizations.
- VT Pride: Vermont holds an annual Pride in Burlington every September.
- Killington Winter Pride: The Gay Network Alliance of Riders (G.N.A.R.) hosts a yearly Winter Pride at Killington Resort, where LGBTQ-identified riders can connect through winter sprots.
- First Fridays at Higher Ground: This event occurs on the first Friday of each month. First Fridays are held at Higher Ground and are a monthly, queer friendly social in which the community can get together for a night of good music, good people, great conversation and dancing. Doors open at 7:30 PM and everyone is welcome. The evening will usually begin with a musical show at 8pm. The DJs for evening will start after the show and go until closing. "A little bit of folks to start & a whole lot of dance party to finish it off." For more information visit the Higher Ground site.
- Winter is a Drag Ball: The House of LeMay organizes and hosts the annual Winter is a Drag Ball. The ticket sales benefits the Vermont People with AIDS Coalition. Since 1996 we've gathered every February to celebrate... whatever we want to celebrate! Some of the past themes have included 'Carnival', 'Be my Rocky Horror Valentine', and 'The Queen of Hearts Drag Ball'. The theme of last year's drag ball was 'Good & Evil'.
- RU12 Support Groups: The RU12 Community Center offers support groups for all LGBTQ identities in the Burlington community. Check RU12's page on support groups for more info.
- Outright VT Youth Programs: Outright VT is Vermont's LGBTQ youth organization. They hold a variety of events and groups open to Vermont youth. See Outright's website for more info.
- Fire Truck Pull: Outright VT organizes an annual Fire Truck Pull as a fundraiser to support their mission of serving LGBTQ Vermont youth.
Last modified June 10 2013 03:24 PM