- Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunities
- Women's Center
- Center for Cultural Pluralism
- ALANA Student Center
Diversity at UVM
The University of Vermont is committed to a culture of diversity and respect. UVM's Our Common Ground values statement recognizes that we are strengthened by our diverse perspectives, and that we must challenge injustice toward any member of our community. We at the LGBTQA Center strive every day toward realizing these values.
Meet the Diversity & Equity Unit
The LGBTQA Center is an office of the Diversity and Equity Unit, which reports to the President. The Diversity and Equity Unit is responsibile for helping to infuse the core values of diversity, multiculturalism and equity into all aspects of teaching, learning, research, and service within the University of Vermont system.
Our Partner Organizations
Other offices of the Diversity and Equity Unit include:
- The Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, which ensures compliance with state and federal laws and university policies related to discrimination, so that every member and prospective member of the campus community will receive fair and equal treatment and opportunity.
- The ALANA Student Center, which works to support the holistic development of ALANA and Bi/Multi-racial students so they attain their goals for wellness, academic achievement, personal growth, identity formation, community building and cultural advancement.
- The Center for Cultural Pluralism, which strives to equip faculty, staff and students with the cultural and social justice competencies necessary to function at their best in their intellectual, leadership and pedagogical practices, so the University can provide the highest quality education.
- The UVM Women's Center, which supports all facets of women's lives — the social, professional, spiritual, physical, intellectual & emotional, to empower women and their allies to become active leaders and global citizens in their communities.
Last modified April 07 2016 01:16 PM