VGFA Mini Grants
Annually, the VGFA
dedicates money to support on-farm research led and designed by
farmers. Grants range from $500-$1,000.
Possible ideas include but are not limited to:
• Extension of the grazing season,
• Innovative grazing practices or infrastructure,
• New forage varieties or cropping systems,
• Evaluation of new or competing products, etc.
Here is a recent
application for reference.
2013 Mini Grant Awardees
- In non sem nisi.
- In tempus blandit mauris.
- Ac lacinia nisl sollicitudin quis.
Past Awardees (with reports where available)
- Grace Bowmer and Ben Machin, Tamarack Sheep Farm: Testing
Forage Beets for Season Extension (awarded 2012, project delayed
- Patrick and Melanie Harrison, Harrison's Homegrown [dairy farm]: Successive Plantings of Annual Forages (awarded 2012)
- Rich and Cynthis Larson, Larson Family Farm: Foliar Application of Trace Minerals and Biostimulants (awarded 2012)
- Brandon Allen, Sausage Man: Winter Farrowing Greenhouse (awarded 2011)
- Rob MacLeod, Windhorse Farm: Eradication of Yellow Rattle Through Grazing (awarded 2011)
- Adam Wilson and Elizabeth Fuccillo, Bread and Butter Farm: Assessment of Perennial Forage Species in October, November and December (awarded 2011)
- George van Vlaanderen, Does Leap Farm: Reclaiming Pasture with Goats (awarded 2010) Final Report
- Matt Burke, Bloomfield Farm: Determining Potential Hedgerow Species for Sheep Pasture (awarded 2010) Final Report
- Lisa Ransom and Scott Baughman, Dancing Wind Farm: Movable
Pasture Pagoda (awarded 2009) Solar Dollar article
Seeking additional information about the mini grant program?
Pasture Program Grazing Specialist Kimberly Hagen
Last modified June 27 2013 09:41 PM