University of Vermont

Get Involved!

So, how can I get involved in IRA and become a leader on campus?

  1. Go to your Hall Council meeting in your complex – look for advertising or contact
  2. Run for an Executive Board position on your Hall Council
  3. Be an IRA Representative on behalf of your complex by election from your Hall Council
  4. Go to the weekly IRA General Body meetings on Wednesdays at 7:30pm in the University Heights North Multipurpose Room (Above the Lobby)
    1. Get Placed on one of the 4 standing committees of IRA!
      1. Social Programming
      2. Community Service and Educational Programming
      3. Student Advocacy
      4. Public Relations
  5. Run for an Executive Officer position on the IRA Executive Board!

What if I don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to Hall Council or IRA?

  • That is okay! Lots of students like to help volunteer at a Hall Council or IRA event. Email – to see how you can help :)
  • Or … just come to one of our awesome events to support us!

I’m interested in NRHH!

Are you interested in becoming a part of NRHH?  The National Residence Hall Honorary is the only nationwide organization that exclusively recognizes leaders in the residence halls.  NRHH is designed to give local, regional and national recognition to students making outstanding contributions to their campus and residence halls. NACURH firmly believes in the value of student involvement in residence hall life through community service, community building, advocacy and educational programming.

If you are interested in becoming a part of NRHH please fill out the applications below, also provided under “Forms” to the left of this information.

Contact UVM © 2015 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131