Institutional Biosafety Committee - IBC
For projects requiring full IBC review (non-exempt biohazardous materials in a risk category greater than or equal to Risk Group 2, the researcher must complete a Protocol Form, as well as develop a Standard Operating Procedure for any biohazardous agents or toxins when applicable, and submit to the IBC Committee for review.
- The IBC may take one or more of the following actions:
- Approve the project without modification.
- Approve the project subject to stipulations and/or minor modifications.
- Table the decision pending additional information.
- Disapprove the project.
- The researcher may not initiate the project until IBC approval is given.
- For protocols utilizing recombinant or synthetic nucleic acids, infectious agents or biological toxins complete the following forms and submit as in pdf format to email@example.com
Forms Needed for Initial Submission ReviewProtocol Form
Standard Operating Procedure (if applicable for work with biohazardous agents or toxins)
Last modified November 21 2013 01:37 PM