Historic Burlington‚ Vermont
Structures built between 1877 and 1890 on Hyde Street
Hyde Street had a few houses built between 1877 and 1890. Located at the cross section of Hyde and Archibald is the Old Ohavi Zedek Synagogue.  Also located on Hyde Street was Burlington's first synagogue, the Chai Adam Synagogue.
This neighborhood was highly composed of Jewish immigrants from eastern Europe. They lived and worked in the community surrounding the synagogue.
By 1877 most of North Union Street, north of North Street, had been developed.  However in the 1880’s two structures were built that are eligible for the National Register; 178 and 188 North Union Street are listed on the Vermont Historic Sites and Structures Survey. 
To the right are links to the buildings most likely constructed during the period between 1877 and 1890.
 Meilbek, E. Birds Eye View of Burlington and Winooski, VT, 1877 (Madison, WI: J.J. Stone, 1877)
 Morsbach, C. Richard. ì178 North Union Streetî Vermont Historic Sites & Structures Survey (Montepelier, VT:† Division for Historic Preservation, August 8, 1973) and Morsbach, C. Richard. ì188 North Union Street, Burlington, VT.î Vermont Historic Sites and Structures Survey. (Montpelier, VT:† Division of Historic Preservation, August 3, 1878)
 Hopkins, G.M. Map of the City of Burlington From Official Records, Private Plans and Actual Surveys. (Philadelphia: Hopkins, 1890) and Meilbek, E. Birds Eye View of Burlington and Winooski, VT, 1877 (Madison, WI: J.J. Stone, 1877)