What still stands from between 1869 and 1877 in Burlington, Vermont?
74-76 Lafountain Street
This Gothic Revival apartment building was once a French Baptist mission. It was built in 1873 and was located at the intersection of Spring Street and Walnut Street. The former mission was purchased and moved to its current location in 1904 by J.E. Lanou who used the building as warehouse for hardware and plumbing supplies. Before its relocation the building was adorned with a bell tower and a vestibule. Despite its history, the building has retained its integrity and detail.