What still stands from between 1869 and 1877 in Burlington, Vermont?
115-117 College Street
The Berry Hall Building was built in 1871 by Roby Brothers Architects for William Zottman who leased it to Miner, Pope and Company. This was a dry goods company that specialized in teas, spices, and coffee (see ad, next page). The company changed partners and names several times but its final name was the Berry Hall Company. The company went bankrupt in 1934 shortly after the Great Depression. Currently there is a women’s clothing store on the first floor and offices on the upper floors. This is listed as part of the Wells Richardson Historic District.