The Historic Sites and Structures Survey states the date of construction for this property as c.1875. A one and one-half story vernacular farm house, this structure may have been part of the Pomeroy farmland prior to 1880s-1890.
Desfordins is the name given on the 1890 C.M. Hopkins map for this property, which corresponds to a Desjardins, Telespore at 50 Pomeroy in the 1884-1885 directory. The following year it is occupied by Theophile Desjardins. To explain the name appearing on the 1890 map it seems likely that Jules R. Desjardins, a builder and slate roofer listed in the 1890 directory, built the structure and was using it as a rental property.
Jules R. Desjardins dies on July 27, 1898. By 1909 the property
is occupied by John B. Parker.
 Sites and Structures Survey, 48-50 Pomeroy, 06/1983
 Burlington City Directories 1884-1890
 Burlington City Directories 1898-1909