96 Pitkin Street
96 Pitkin Street is a simple vernacular one-and-a-half story house with its main entrance on the gable front faćade. The off-center entrance has a small triangular pediment supported by brackets and the gable front roof. There is a large rear addition on the house that is larger than the original massing of the 1870’s structure.
The house first appeared on the 1877 Bird’s Eye Map of the city of Burlington. The first resident listed in the Burlington City Directory was Anthony Demers, a carpenter, listed in the 1884-1885 directory. Soon after, the house was listed under the name of Martin Corley, an employee at the Martin Groler Company. The house has been owned and occupied by various people throughout its history.