127 Park Street is a small one-and-a-half story gable-front house that has experienced many alterations since it was built. There is an enclosed porch on the front and side fa¨ade of the house that obscures the original entrance.
On the 1869 BeerÕs Map, this house was located on land owned by H.A. Ray, a local carriage maker who lived on Front Street. It appears that the Peter Smith, a local grocer, and his family was the first residents of this house in about 1877. The house remained in the family until at least 1901 when Mr. SmithÕs widow, a dressmaker, was listed as a resident along with a female boarder. The house has had a variety of residents through the years including a cabinetmaker in 1930.