2-4 Decatur Street
This structure, constructed circa 1860, is a Greek Revival, two-and-a-half story brick house, 3 by one bays with a rusticated stone base. The gable roof has a cornice line with gable returns. When it was built during the Civil War, it stood quite alone in the far North End, and was one of few brick structures original to the period of significance. The footprint of 2-4 Decatur changed between 1869 and 1890. The southeasterly addition was removed and the house has retained its revised massing.
According to the 1869 Beers Atlas Map, this house was owned by J. Laduc, of which little is known. Paul Blair lived here between 1879 and 1890. The 1900 Sanborn Insurance Map labeled this structure as vendor, and a year later the Miner family moved in. Abraham Miner was one of many Polish/Russian Jewish immigrants who settled in this neighborhood. For the greater part of the 20th century the house changed hands many times.