The Burlington Historic Sites and Structures Survey dates this building to about 1868 (1). Italianate in style, its arched window lintels and cornice brackets are of wood rather than cast iron. It has an unusual cornice treatment, with large brackets and a small wooden pediment. It may have been solely a residence until 1906, and in the early years, Mrs. G.M. Collisen, who operated a millinery store one door to the north, lived here (2). It is possible that she owned both 80 and 82-84 Church Street (3). It remained at least primarily residential until 1950, although through the years various real estate and insurances offices occupied some interior spaces prior to that date. In the 1970s the first floor was used as a clothing store, and remains commercial space today (4).
(1) Burlington Historic Sites and Structures Survey, Vermont Division for Historic Preservation, 1977.
(2) Ibid; Burlington City Directories, 1865-1990.
(3) Burlington Historic Sites and Structures Survey, Vermont Division for Historic Preservation, 1977.
(4) Burlington City Directories.