This is a wood frame structure with a small ell at the rear. The 1890 map of Burlington by C.M Hopkins, CE shows the name J. Curtis on this piece of land. The Burlington City Directory shows a John B. Curtis and a John Lynch living at this address in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Curtis was a barber and was employed by P.H. McMahon. Lynch was an employee of W & D.G. Crane, a lumber mill.