This is an Italianate Revival, brick building with a flat or shallow hipped roof. The National Register of Historic Places Inventory has the construction date as c. 1869. In 1894 a man by the name of Joseph Mitchell lived here. Here he set up a tobacco shop until about 1914 or 15. Mitchell was also the proprietor of the Champlain Hotel.