Nearly identical to its neighbor at 94-96 North Champlain Street, 98-100 North Champlain Street is a two-story, flat roofed, six by three bay duplex located on the west side of North Champlain Street between Peru and North Streets. Its flat roof, overhanging cornice, and brackets are strong Italianate features. The building has undergone few major changes since construction.
This building was constructed between 1857 and 1869.1 Michael Bridgeman, a laborer, owned this building and its twin at 94-96 North Champlain Street in 1869.2 Early tenants included Mrs. Jane Vayo and Michael J. Malloy, a fireman, in 1910. In 1920, Mrs. Mary Lapierre, a widow, and A. Burt Phillips, a brush factory employee, lived here.3 Alphonse Perras bought the building in 1921, and lived there with his family until at least 1930.4 Donald Crosby purchased the building, and rented it until 1969.5