14 Peru Street is a one and one-half-story, gable-front, wood frame building on the north side of Peru Street between North Champlain and Murray Streets. It has few stylistic details, and the bay window on the face of the building is probably a later modification.
The building was constructed between 1857 and 1865, probably for T. Maher, a mason.1 Maher had left Peru Street by 1870, and was home to a variety of tenants in the early 20th Century. In the 1900s, James Meagher, a plumber, lived there, and in the 1910s the building was home to Henry Bray, a candy maker. Frank Lapan, an employee of W & R company lived at 14 Peru Street in the 1920s, Joseph A. Vincent, a policeman, resided there in the 1930s.2