This Greek Revival house with the long side porch is at least as early as 1853 since it appears on the Presdee & Edwards map of Burlington produced that year, as the property of Judge Asahel Peck who may have used it as a rental investment. Judge Peck was later to be the governor of Vermont. From circa 1865-1890 it was the residence of Newell Lawrence, who was a teammaster. Judd Williams, who was in the well-drilling business, acquired the house in 1899 and his descendants were still living there in the late 1970's when the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation surveyed N. Union Street. (1)
(1) Vermont Historic Sites and Structures Survey: Burlington North Union Street.