According to the VHSSS, this house was supposedly moved from
North Winooski Avenue in the 1920's. Confirmation may be gained
from the poured concrete and brick basement. The VHSSS also indicates
a new brick veneer surface was applied at some point. (1) Evidence
of this can be seen when looking at the sides of the structure.
The house is similar to its original neighbors. Two over two
double-hung sash windows are symmetrically arranged on the three
bay wide front façade. The front right, side hall entrance
is flanked by three-quarter sidelights. The front facing gable
roof with cornice returns contains a small pointed window. A
garage was added to the rear end of the south façade.
Since the VHSSS indicates the house was moved back from the corner,
it may be the structure identified as belonging to M & A Spear
on the 1869 Worley map.(2)
(2) VHSSS, GS and Plan of the City of Burlington, Chittendon
Co., Vt, (Philadelphia, PA: Worley & Bracher Lith., 1869),