Constructed in the 1840's, this ell shaped, pedimented, three
bay wide Greek Revival structure is of brick bearing wall construction
on a stone foundation. A pedimented entrance porch with turned
posts and a sunburst design protects the left side hall entrance.
The two over two windows are symmetrically arranged and capped
by flat arch lintels. A blind pointed window is centered in the
gable pediment. The wood truss roof is covered in slate with a
The 1853 Presdee and Edwards map lists the owner of the property as Reverend J. H. Worcester, pastor of the First Congregational Church on South Winooski Avenue. Ownership subsequently passed to John Herrick, a joiner, in the 1860's and Orman P. Ray, county clerk, in the 1890's. Today the structure has been divided into apartments. (1)