Part of the building found 131 Bank Street was part of Dr. Leonard Marsh's property on the 1853 Presdee & Edwards map. It was bought by the Women's Association of the First Congressional Church and used as the church's parsonage until 1871. In 1905 it was enlarged and renovated into four apartments, the lower floors appearing to remain from the original building seen on the 1853 Presdee & Edwards map. The natural wood finishes and interior space reveal this as a high-rent apartment building.(1)
(1) The Vermont Division of Historic Preservation, Vermont Historic Sites and Structures Survey, Bank Street, Montpelier, VT, Division of Historic Preservation, n.d.