This house was listed on the Historic Sites and Structures
Survey (HSSS) from 1978. Built as part of a middle class neighborhood
in the 1840's, the first know resident is Chester Hildreth.1
Chester was a goldsmith and at the time of the 1850 Census Hildreth
was 26 and living with P. Blackman.2 In 1854 Hildreth
became a partner in the jewelry firm of the Brinsmaid family and
he probably bought the house shortly thereafter.3
It is a brick building has a semi elliptical arch in the gable.
There are heavy stone lintels on the building as well as Greek
Revival pilasters and an entablature on the doorway.