This house was listed on the Historic Sites and Structures
Survey (HSSS) in 1978. It was built for Peter Reager around 1850.
The HSSS claims that Mr. Reager may have also built the house.
This is peculiar however, because Reager was a mason and the
house is only a brick veneer a timber frame.1 The
Presdee and Edwards map shows a house on the location and notes
that it belonged to P. Reager.2 Reager's son, Philip,
inherited the house when his father died in 1875. Phillip was
a mason, like his father and lived in the house for ten years
after his father died.3
It faces North Champlain Street with its gable end, in the
back there is a small wing. Two Tuscan columns support the front