Any current first year student who anticipates having a GPA of 3.40 or higher at the end of the spring semester is encouraged to consider applying. Students must have a GPA of at least 3.40 at the end of the spring semester of their first year in order to be eligible for sophomore admission, and that spring semester must be the student's second full semester at UVM.
Spring 2015 Informational Meetings:
All prospective applicants are invited to attend the information meetings. The meetings will be held on Monday, February 23rd at 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday, March 24th at 5:30 p.m. Both sessions will be held in the Multipurpose Room in the North Complex at University Heights. If you are unable to attend one of these meetings, contact Tina Griffis (656-9100), or email: email@example.com to set up an individual meeting.
Application Deadline For Spring 2015:
Online applications will be accepted between March 9th and April 10th. An application is complete only when all components have been submitted:
- Application form
- Please write a short essay (500 words max) answering this question: The Honors College website outlines the distinguishing features of the UVM Honors College. Among them are small, often interdisciplinary classes, a vibrant residential learning community, advising and academic support, and opportunities and support for undergraduate research during both the academic year and the summer. The capstone of the Honors College curriculum is the senior thesis project. In an essay of not more than 500 words, please reflect on the value to you of the thesis project. While you may not yet have specific ideas about what your thesis might be about, we’re nonetheless interested in learning what you personally see as the benefit of such a capstone project more generally. (If you do have some ideas about where your academic interests might take you, feel free to mention them, but keep the focus on the issue of what the value of such a project would be for you personally.)
- Letter of recommendation from a UVM faculty member
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all components have been received by the Honors College. (Please note that students will not need to submit their transcripts; the Honors College will access each applicant's academic transcript as a part of its admissions considerations.) Late applications will not be considered. Students will be informed of admission decisions in early June, after spring grades have been posted. Notification will be sent to the student's UVM email address.
To apply for sophomore admission to the Honors College, please go to http://www.uvm.edu/register
- Log in with your ID and PIN between March 9th and April 10th and select Honors College Application.
- Enter the name and department of your faculty recommender.
- Insert your answer to the essay question (feel free to cut & paste from Microsoft Word).
- Click the submit button.
- As per instructions, print the faculty recommender information sheet and give it to your faculty recommender.
Last modified February 18 2015 09:14 AM