Honors College elective courses are developed each year and will cover a broad range of topics.
Fall 2013 Elective
HCOL 31 Music In Live Performance (one credit)
In this one credit elective course students will study and attend concerts, operas, and plays. Pre-and post-performance talks with artists will give the students an insider's view of the world of performance. Note that participation in the course requires attendance at class and the corresponding evening performance. No text required. Journal assignments.
HCOL 31 is taught by Natalie Neuert, the Director of UVM's prestigious Lane Series.
Fall Semester 2013 Dates and Performers
- September 27 - April Verch
- October 11 - Martha Redbone Blues Project
- October 18 - A Far Cry Chamber Orchestra with David Draukauer, Clarinet
- October 25 - Imani Winds - OPTIONAL MAKE UP CLASS
- November 8 - Hot Club of Detroit
- November 15 - Ethel String Quartet
Spring Semester 2014 Dates and Performers
- February 14 - Gryphon Trio - Classical piano trio known for almost orchestral performances
- February 21 - Fatoumata Diawara (at the Flynn Center) - An enthralling mix of Afro-pop style with jazz and punk
- February 28 - Paul Neubauer & Annie-Marie McDermott - A perforamnce of Bach and Brahams
- March 21 - Kobo Town - Combination of classic Caribbean music and running it through a 21st century filter
- April 11 - The Teetotallers - Traditional Irish music; a flute, a violin and a passionate voice
Last modified September 23 2013 11:10 AM