UVM Undergraduate Research: Summer Internship Award Winners
The summer is a prime time to focus on academic research; with classes done, UVM's student researchers can turn their full attention to their work. For some of these students UVM offers Summer Internship funding, a program that offers grant money to students on a competitive basis.
Each spring undergraduate students in the science, math, technology and engineering disciplines are eligible to apply for the Summer Internship funding. The program consists of a summer salary ($3500) and supply funding ($1500). Students who are awarded summer internship grants are expected to present their research at a symposium the following year. This unique opportunity to pursue research interests and then create a professional presentation presents students with a range of academic and career experiences that will propel them forward in their chosen field.
Summer Internship 2010 Award Winners (faculty sponsor in parenthesis)
- Gabrielle Anderson, Dietetics (with Professor Christopher Berger, Biochemistry)
- Anne Brady, Psychology (with Professor Diana Murray-Close, Psychology)
- Jonathan Gonzalez, Plant Biology (with Professor Alison Brody, Biology)
- Charles Hackett, Biology (with Professor Yang Mao-Draayer, Neurology)
- Nathan Hicks, Biology (with Professor Joseph Schall, Biology)
- Cody Lamarche, Physics (with Professor Mandalina Furis, Physics)
- Travis Mann-Gow, Psychology(with Professor Peter Zvara, Urology)
- Samantha Roberts, Biological Sciences (with Professor Anne Mason, Biochemistry
- Caitlin Russell, Biochemistry (with Professor Alan Howe, Pharmacology), Exercise & Movement Science, "Childhood Obesity Correlated with State-Mandated Physical Education"
- Julia Secker-Walker, Biochemistry (with Professor Alan Howe, Pharmacology), Exercise & Movement Science, "Childhood Obesity Correlated with State-Mandated Physical Education"
Last modified June 02 2010 04:35 PM